nl-NLen-US
+31 10 24 805 22
8,7

154 reviews

Moving to Italy

Italy

Emigration to Italy from the Netherlands has increased. The climate in Italy is good and the food and wine is of a high quality.

Are you moving to Roma, Milan or Turin? With an international move from the Netherlands to Italy you will want to feel at home in your new environment. That is why it is nice to have no worries about your move. Dijkshoorn Euromovers organizes your move professionally and with personal care allowing you to focus on your new living and working environment.

Popular destinations

  • Rome
  • Milan
  • Turin
  • Palermo
  • Genoa
  • Naples
  • Bologna
  • Florence
  • Bari
  • Verona

 

General information

Italy has over 62 million inhabitants on an area of 301,339 km2. The vast majority of the population speaks Italian. In border areas, the local population also speaks German, French and Slovenian.

Italy consists of the following 20 regions: Sicily, Sardinia, Valle d'Aosta, Trentino-South Tyrol, Friul-Venezia Giulia, Piedmont, Lombardy, Liguria, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Umbria, Marche, Lazio, Abruzzi, Molise, Campania, Apulia, Basilicata and Calabria.

Italy has three climates. In the north there is a maritime climate, Central and Southern Italy has a Mediterranean climate and in the Alps there is a high mountain climate.

More than 85% of Italians belong to the Roman Catholic Church. The other 15% consists of Protestants, Orthodox, Jews and Muslims.

Italy is one of the richest economies in the world. Yet in Italy there is a big difference between the 'poor' south and 'rich' north. A special phenomenon is that there are many family businesses in Italy. Small and medium-sized enterprises are the engine of the Italian economy. The main export products are textiles, clothing, metals, machinery, motor vehicles and chemical products. The currency in Italy is the euro. The GDP per capita in Italy is 38,000 in U.S. dollars.

 

Dijkshoorn Euromovers

Dijkshoorn Euromovers knows exactly what is important when moving abroad. With our checklist and personal guidance you will never be faced with any surprises. We arrange the customs formalities for you and ensure safe transport. Whether this is by land or by air or sea freight. Due to the size of our international organisation, we can combine removals abroad and you always get the best price-quality guarantee.

Dijkshoorn Euromovers is part of the international network of Euromovers International. This network consists of highly qualified and reliable removal companies all over the world. There are also several Euromovers established in Italy.

The strength of Euromovers lies in the combination of the expertise of various internationally operating companies. For you, this means that your relocation is guaranteed both within and outside the Netherlands by all international standards and quality requirements.

 

Required documents

  • Passport
  • Proof of living abroad for at least 1 year. (e.g. 12 consecutive energy bills)
  • Proof of registration at destination (municipality)
  • Residence permit
  • Rental or purchase agreement at destination
  • Employment contract in country of destination
  • Original customs form
  • Power of attorney

 

Embassy

The Italian embassy is in The Hague:

Alexanderstraat 12

2514 JL The Hague

The Dutch Embassy is in Rome:

Via Michele Mercati 8

00197 Rome

Our certifications

Faimplus
Erkende Project Verhuizers
ISO 14001
Erkende verhuizers
ISO Dijkshoorn
AEO
VCA